Thursday 1 March 2018

House of Cards - March Challenge

WOW! It's already a new month. Hoping this means that Spring is just around the corner. However, after last week's big snowfall here in Vancouver, perhaps it's still going to take some time. We have a new challenge for you at House of Cards

Use Colored Pencils on Dark Card and/or Colors

Image result for design hues pencils


Here's my card



I started with clear embossing powder and Studio Katia's Mandala Flower (med) stamp on a dark gray card panel. I added color using Prismacolor Premier colored pencils. I also own Prismacolor Scholar colored pencils but wasn't really happy with the way they added color. I was thinking about using gamsol or baby oil. However, i found a set of Prismacolor Premier colored pencils at a great price on Amazon and boy, do they ever make a difference. I guess you do get what you pay for. I chose colors close to those of the challenge. I love how vibrant the colors appear on the dark cardstock. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Keep it Simple: thank you stamp set and using clear embossing powder. 

We'd love to see what you create. Won't you join us this month?

Thanks for stopping by

sue

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, you coloring is so striking! HOC teammie Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super colouring of the mandala!
    Fabulous make for the House of Cards!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply magnificent! A feast for the eyes!!
    Hugs and Happy Easter
    Rosi (HOC)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.