Wednesday 7 March 2018

Less is More Challenge #366

When I think of monochromatic cards or at least black,gray and white cards, I somehow seem to be drawn to sympathy cards. Those neutral colors make me feel solemn and reverent. So, the current challenge at Less is More is



Here's my card


I started with Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree stamp set, stamped onto a white panel with Hero Arts Charcoal ink. I found some dark gray patterned paper for the card background and some dark gray ribbon. I tore the bottom edge of the white panel for a bit of interest. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Flower Friend stamp set, heat embossed with white embossing powder. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, so very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love the torn edge, it fits the sympathy theme very well reflecting something suddenly taken away... Great thinking. The stamped scene has a serene, soothing feel. Perfect sympathy card really. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant and a really beautiful scene for a sympathy card. Love the torn edge of the cardstock which adds such a brilliant effect to your monochromatic card and thanks for joining us at Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, just perfect for the occasion

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so right, these colours are perfect for sympathy cards and I love the design of yours. It has such a peaceful feel to it.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.