I used this Hero Arts background stamp with Versamark ink, applying it to a piece of watercolour paper. I thought that I was being clever nad used clear embossing powder. I was concerned that the watercolour paper wasn't perfectly white and that white embossing powder would show "too much". Joke was on me - I had some difficulty figuring out where the embossing was when I was adding distress inks with my watercolour brush. I added colours to the diamond (interior portion of the circles) and to complete the circles, I added pumice stone to all the intersecting portions. I used a "thanks" die cut out of gold paper glued to a piece of vellum and added a bit of gold thread.
So, I've been hearing about Ken Oliver Crafts' Color Bursts and of course, I just had to try.
I tapped the open bottles with my finger expelling a few flecks of pigment. I then spritzed water a few times. While experimenting, with more water, there are more colour splotches/more blending. I haven't tried adding water on the paper and then adding the color bursts - yet! I cut a small panel.
I die cut "you" from the coloured panel. I then cut a piece of fun foam with the same "you" die. I used multi matte medium to adhere the coloured panel letters to the corresponding fun foam letters to add dimension. Then I adhered the letters back onto the coloured panel.
Someone pinch me. I mean really. Can this really be happening to me? Did TIME OUT Challengesreally ask me to be a Guest Designer this challenge? I had a difficult time believing it and then the self-doubt - what if I'm not good enough, what if I can't think of a card based on the inspiration .... YIKES - what did I get myself into?
Fortunately, I had a couple of weeks to figure it out. I think that I did. Here's my card
Here's the inspiration photo
I tried to incorporate pink/orange/red in my card. I even purchased a new "red" ink pad - sadly, it was dried out and I returned it.
Using these stamp sets and Hero Arts Orange Soda and Pale Tomato and Stampin Up Melon Mambo, I made my own plaid background.
I die cut the word happy from the plaid panel and also with white fun foam. I adhered the cut out letters onto the fun foam with multi matte medium. I adhered the panel to the card base, making sure to put down some adhesive where the letters go. I then placed the letters and the centres of the letters, making sure the lines lined up (LOL!) The foam gives the word "happy" dimension.
Here's a close-up. I added thin orange strips above and below the panel and stamped the word "birthday". Thanks for visiting sue