Monday 8 June 2015

Watercolor Blog Hop at Pretty Pink Posh

Here's my card
It's my attempt at re-creating the beautiful card by Laura Bassen
She was inspired by the beautiful card by Donna Mikasa

It's for the blog hop at Pretty Pink Poshwatercolor.bloghop 

I used distress inks - squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon, picked raspberry, peacock feathers and broken china in a random manner.

I spritzed water quite generously on this Simon Says Stamp leaves mask and then placed it (water-side down) onto the inked panel. I watched with amazement as the colour "disappeared" from under and around the mask. Magical .... I guess that it's not really watercolor rather color removal. I hope it's OK!

Thanks for visiting
sue

7 comments:

  1. Very nice.. I like how the colors blended

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! this is amazing!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I love how vibrant the colors remained on your background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous vibrant colours and l love the subtle leaves in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.