Sunday 25 March 2018

a2z Scrapbooking - March 25th post

Admittedly, I have a bit of a fascination with dragonflies. I love how they flit around and how they shimmer in the sunlight. When I saw the Hero Arts Dragonfly Fancy die, I knew that I just had to have it. 

Here's my card


I cut the outline part using some teal glitter cardstock. For the solid part, I used silver shimmer cardstock. I'm pretty pleased with how the background panel came out. It was the first time I tried using Distress Oxides (WHAT???). Yup, they've been sitting on my shelf. I was inspired to try them, starting with some glossy cardstock. I smooshed on an acrylic sheet, distress oxides (salty ocean, broken china, faded jeans) and spritzed them. I moved the glossy cardstock through the puddles of ink. I dried the layers using my heat tool. I saw that hint somewhere - to heat set layers to add more depth. When I was finished, I felt that it could be used for sky or even ocean. Need to file that info in my brain!

The sentiment is from Hero Arts DK116 Special Birthday digital kit. 

Won't you join us this month at a2z Scrapbooking for our monthly challenge

Challenge BadgeMar18

There are still a few days to add your card.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.