Monday 19 March 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch #263 & Addicted to CAS #132

While I was sitting at my craft table, reviewing all the current challenges out there on the internet, I realized that I could make one card that would fit the challenges for both CAS(E) this Sketch and Addicted to CAS






Here's my card - I rotated the sketch to make a landscape card.




I started with the horizontal strip of waves. To create this, I used Hero Arts SA110 Mermaid Sea Waves Stencil with distress inks (mermaid lagoon and salty ocean). I masked off the areas that I didn't want because I'm not too precise when adding color with ink blending tools. I love the Seaside Seagulls stamp set by My Favorite Things. So, I picked up this stamp set and chose one seagull for my card. I used my MISTI to help place the seagull where I wanted it and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added some color with Copic markers. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. I matted the panel on some bright blue.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

3 comments:

  1. This totally makes me smile! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS - Ellenor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.