Tuesday 27 March 2018

CAS(E) this Sketch #264

Another great sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch to inspire



Here's my card



I saw the rectangles as sort of bricks and thought about using the same background and changing up the foreground. I started by creating the background with a piece of glossy cardstock and distress oxides (broken china, salty ocean, faded jeans). I smooshed each ink pad, spritzed water and moved the glossy paper in the ink. I heat set each layer, giving the background some depth. I cut the background into rectangles, similar in size to the sketch. I stamped several fish using The Alley Way's Gill-Friend and Sea Mates using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I added color with Copic markers and fussy cut the fish. I added glossy accents to the fish eyes to give them dimension. Here's a close-up.


I arranged the fish onto the background rectangles. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP Best Fishes stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

1 comment:

  1. This totally makes me smile! Super cute take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.