Saturday 24 March 2018

Twofer Card Challenge #3

I think that I've figured out this challenge. Well, at least for this month, I think I have. The main premise is to make two very different cards using either the same stamp or same die. This month, the theme is



Here are my cards




For the first card: I started with the spiral-y blossom from Simon Says STAMP Floral Bookmarking stamp set. I placed a card panel in my MISTI and started stamping the blossom across in a line using Hero Arts Tide Pool ink. I found an easy way (for me) to at least stamp the image in a straight horizontal line. I left the stamp on the "door" of the MISTI and moved the card panel from side to side. After I stamped four images, I flipped the panel upside down and felt that it looked like waves. So, I then reached for the My Favorite Things Seaside Seagulls stamp set. I picked a seagull stamp and placed it between the cresting waves. I added some color with Copic markers. I used a sentiment from the seagull stamp set.

For the second card: I used the spiral-y blossom as a blossom. Again, I left the stamp in place (both for the stem and leaves and the blossom) and moved the card panel horizontally in my MISTI. I used Hero Arts inks - Tide Pool and Field Greens. For the sentiment, I used Paper Smooches Salutations stamp set. The sentiment strip got lost on the card panel, so I matted it with a dark olive green.

Thanks for stopping by
sue


6 comments:

  1. Oh now that is clever!!! I love the waves you've created from your rose blossoms. That's just awesome! And the blue roses make a lovely CAS birthday card, too. Great ideas, great cards. Thank you for joining us at The Twofer Challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, Sue! You really only needed to make two flower cards, but we also love when our players use the prompt stamp or die in some unexpected way like you did for your fantastic waves! It is fun to see an image in a different light, isn't it, and you sure achieved the feel of waves with that adorable seagull bobbing on top! I also love the image as the flower it was meant to be! Very clever trick to move the card and not the stamp in your Misti! I have to try that! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, fab idea to use the flower heads as waves :)
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! Genius use of the flower stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet cards, Sue. Love how the flowers double as waves for your adorable seagull (that is still on my wish list).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so fantastic! I love the seagull swimming on the blossom waves and using them just as flowers is so gorgeous too! I really like the colors on both as well. Thanks for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.