Thursday 29 March 2018

Freshly Made Sketches #330

Greetings! I found out yesterday that two former co-workers are having health issues. So, I felt the need to create a get well card. When I saw the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, I was inspired. Here's the sketch




Here's my card



I had created a distress oxide background for another card and had some left over. I used this for the horizontal strip. I used glossy cardstock and distress oxides (broken china, salty ocean, faded jeans) smooshed on an acrylic sheet and spritzed with water. I heat-set between layers. I found this super cute whale from The Alley Way's Sea Mates stamp set. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added color with Copic markers. I fussy cut the whale out. The sentiment is from Sunny Studio's Oceans of Joy stamp set. With a fine black marker, I dotted a water spout.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

3 comments:

  1. Love this card! That whale is so sweet! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked The Alley Way Stamps and the whale is such a sweet one - the oxide ink strip is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whale is super-cute and I love how you've created the "sea"! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.