Sunday 4 March 2018

Muse Challenge #255

I love going over to the Muse Challenge blog because often, I have to "stretch" my thinking and crafting. It's really a good thing to expand one's boundaries - even if it's a bit scary. The current challenge is no exception. Here's the beautiful card created by Bunny Vance




Isn't it lovely? I looked at this card and thought "gee, I don't have any of those dies used". Instead of my usual thinking that I'd just pass this week, I thought that I'd give it a shot. 

I was inspired by:

  • the yellow hot beverage cup, with black swirly design
  • white die cut flowers
  • dark red tulips
  • lots of greenery - leaves, vines
  • black background
  • central design
Here's my card




I don't have a tea cup die. I thought about using a semi-circle but then settled on the Paper Smooches Cozy Coffee die. I found some yellow, white and gray patterned paper for the coffee sleeve. For some of the flowers and leaves, I used MFT's Die-namics Flower & Leaf trio. For the small white flower, I used Paper Smooches' Reflections Flowers dies. Fo For the vines, I used Memory Box's Gloriosa Vine. For the tulips, I used Memory Box's Aubrey Bloom Set. For the pine branches, I used Paper Smooches' Wreath Builder dies. I completed the card with some yellow and clear rhinestones. I set all the pieces on a piece of black cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by
sue



3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius to use the coffee cup die! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea to use the coffee cup.
    A really fabulous take on the Muse card.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.