Friday 30 June 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ July Watercolour Challenge

Can you believe it? Half of 2023 has already passed. I feel that life has definitely sped up. July! That brings a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Here's my card


For my card, I used Altenew's Modern Poinsettia stamp. I heat embossed the beautiful flower image with gold embossing powder on an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I added colour with distress inks - abandoned coral, fossilized amber by smooshing the ink on a plastic place mat and picking up the ink with a wet paint brush. I varied the amount of water to get the lighter and darker areas. When I was happy, I left the panel to dry. Once dry, I found that I had to put it under some heavy books to flatten it out. I heat embossed the sentiment from The Ton's Holiday Flourish stamp set, again with gold embossing powder. I trimmed the panel slightly and matted with gold cardstock to complete my card.

We'd love to see your watercolour creations in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. Such a lovely colouring on the flower.. I never get such soft and delicate colouring..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.