Tuesday 27 June 2023

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #449

Hey Crafty Friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! 


This "Any Occasion" challenge came at the perfect time. A co-worker was retiring. Here's my card


I feel like I need to explain! LOL! Mark worked for the Waterworks Department of the City and was retiring. When I met him 25 years ago, he was a M-Scope operator. He retired as a Superintendent of the hydrants and valves section - hence the hydrant. Every once in awhile, a car will hit the hydrant and water will flow in every direction. That was kind of what I was going for on this card. I used Clearly Besotted's Splish Splash stencil and blueprint sketch, salty ocean, peacock feathers and mermaid lagood distress inks applied with oval ink blending brushes. For the hydrant, I used Avery Elle's Dog-Gone stamp set. I stamped the hydrant with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added color with Copic markers - R29. I fussy cut the image and glued it over the splashes of water. For the sentiment, I used Clearly Besotted's Happy Days stamp set. I trimmed the white A2 card panel slightly and matted with a royal blue A2 card panel which was then adhered with double sided tape to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see your "Any Occasion" card in our gallery this fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.