Tuesday 13 June 2023

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #529

Life has been a bit hectic around here the last few days so I didn't get around to creating this blog post. I'm here now though! It's time for a new challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Our sketch this week is


Here's my card


For my card, I rotated the card 90 degrees to the right and rotated the sentiment. I also didn't add any gems or dots because I find them a bit difficult to send through the mail. So a clean and simple interpretation of this week's sketch, it is. I used Scrapbook & Cards Today's Change the World stamp set and die that I received through the Crop & Create Delivered Event - October 2021. I heat embossed the large image with white embossing powder. I then added color with distress inks - kitsch flamingo, carved pumpkin, mustard seed, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I then die cut the image and adhered it to a light gray A2 card base. For the sentiment, I used the leftover ink on the oval ink blending brushes and added color in the same order onto a scrap of white cardstock, so that I could die cut my sentiment. I then die cut the inked cardstock with Simon Says STAMP's Script Thanks die. This is a trick I learned in a class. It's a great way to use extra ink on your oval ink blending brushes but also the colors will match perfectly with your ink blended image. I glued the sentiment to the card to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch. Looking forward to seeing your creations in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty!!! Great idea with the sentiment, too. TFS!
    - Doreen G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.