Monday 12 June 2023

Growing in Unity 2023 ~ Day 1

I'm thrilled to be this week's Growing in Unity 2023 person. Unity Stamps is an American company, based in Minnesota. They have a vast collection of red rubber stamps, as well as patterned papers, Unity swag, and other crafting supplies. I am grateful to them for giving me this opportunity to showcase some of their products.

Here's my card for Day 1


For this card, I started with Unity Stamp's Star & a Bear stamp set. I stamped the cute bear and star on a scrap of white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink in my MISTI tool. I stamped a few times to get a good impression. I fussy cut the little bear. For the star, I used a Gelly Roll Stardust Glitter silver gel pen to color in the star and to give it a bit of sparkle and then I fussy cut it. For the sky, I added color randomly to a piece of white cardstock with distress inks - chipped sapphire, salty ocean, seedless preserves, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I flicked some metallic watercolour paint using Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor Set with an acrylic block and a paint brush. When the paint was dry, I die cut using a die from the Sizzix circle die set. I glued the little bear and the star to the sky element. For the sentiment, I heat embossed it with silver embossing powder on a navy blue A2 card panel. The sentiment is part of the same Star & a Bear stamp set. I adhered the dark blue panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

I will be choosing two winners randomly from those who leave me a comment on my blog, over my five days as the Growing in Unity Person and will be posting the winners' names in the Facebook - Growing in Unity - Cardmaking/Rubber Stamping group. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

21 comments:

  1. Such a darling card! I love it! — Angie B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little guy! Love your background blended sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card... I love it! I'm looking forward to all your creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!! Love the simplicity and elegance at the same time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Debbie F

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is very striking. While it looks clean and simple, I appreciate all the details work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sky is lovely for your bear and star. I am looking forward to a wonderful week of card ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweet panda! Adorable card and great job on the fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors… so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card! -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sky on your cute card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This panda card is too adorable! I love the metallic spots in the background and in the sentiment. Can’t wait to see all of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! I'm looking forward to seeing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet card! Great inking of your sky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to see your cards again. This is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clean and impactful card! Love your blended sky background! Enjoy your GIU week!!
    - Doreen G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.