Tuesday 13 June 2023

Growing in Unity 2023 ~ Day 2

Welcome to Day 2. I'm honoured to be the Growing in Unity Person this week. Unity Stamps is an American company, based in Minnesota. They have a vast collection of red rubber stamps, as well as patterned papers, Unity swag, and other crafting supplies. I am grateful to them for giving me this opportunity to showcase some of their products.

Here's my card for Day 2


For this card, I made my own background patterned paper. I heat embossed using the largest stamp from Unity Stamp's Tea Love stamp set on a white A2 card panel. I stamped the image three times and used white embossing powder. To help align the stamping, I used my MISTI tool and moved the paper between impressions and left the stamp in the MISTI, to ensure that the image would line up. I added color with distress inks - kitsch flamingo, salvaged patina, dried marigold lightly and randomly applied with oval ink blending brushes. I trimmed the panel slightly. For the sentiment, I found a scrap of teal cardstock and stamped it with Concord & 9th's Dove ink. I trimmed the teal into a rectangle. I used some dimensional adhesive to pop the sentiment up. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

I will be choosing two winners randomly from those who leave me a comment on my blog, over my five days as the Growing in Unity Person and will be posting the winners' names in the Facebook - Growing in Unity - Cardmaking/Rubber Stamping group. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

13 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the softness of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tea design and the soft colors! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! This card says peace and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the soft colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to have afternoon tea. What a beautiful card! I haven’t see that stamp before. I enjoy seeing all the stamps Unity offers. -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Beautiful soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! I enjoy making my own background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love using white EP with an inky BG like this. Pretty colors and a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love makingy own background patterns! Pretty card. TFS!
    - Doreen G

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love creating my own patterned background paper, too! Pretty card! TFS!
    - Doreen G

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever seen this stamp! It's on my wish list now! I love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.