Friday 16 June 2023

Growing in Unity 2023 ~ Day 5

Can't believe that my week as the Growing in Unity 2023 person has reached the end. It's been fun. Unity Stamps is an American company, based in Minnesota. They have a vast collection of red rubber stamps, as well as patterned papers, dies, Unity swag, and other crafting supplies. I am so grateful to them for giving me this opportunity to showcase some of their products.


Here's my card


For my card, I used a stamp from Unity's Kit of the Month - June 2018 called We Can Rise. I stamped the flowers and foliage onto 140 lb Strathmore watercolour paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added color with distress inks - abandoned coral, wilted violet, twisted citron, mowed lawn, chipped sapphire, tumbled glass. I smooshed the ink on a plastic place mat and picked up some ink with a wet brush and applied it to the panel. I altered the amount of water used to created darker and lighter areas. I added the tumbled glass to the area around the focal panel to give it some color and interest. When the panel dried, I trimmed the panel to just slightly smaller than A2 size and matted with a black A2 panel. I then adhered it to a white A2 card base to complete my card. I left my card without a sentiment so that I could use it in for a variety of occasions.

I will be choosing two winners randomly from those who leave me a comment on my blog, over my five days as the Growing in Unity Person and will be posting the winners' names on the Facebook - Growing in Unity - Cardmaking/Rubber Stamping group. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

11 comments:

  1. Love these pretty flowers! Nice finale to your GIU week.... I've enjoyed all your cards! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! Lovely!!
    Jenni S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another very nice card! It's been an inspiring week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. Love the colors you used. Debbie F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your creativity this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I enjoyed your GIU week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great stamp, thanks for sharing your designs this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank for sharing your pretty creations this week! -Pam Foy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy the look of water coloring. Very pretty! Thanks for the week of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for five days of Unity inspiration! I don't often create cards without a sentiment, but seems like a really good idea just to have on hand and then add the right sentiment - thanks for the inspiration!
    - Doreen G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.