Thursday 11 June 2020

The Paper Players - Challenge #494

When I saw the current challenge at The Paper Players,


I knew what I wanted to do. I was going to focus on the raindrops. I just wasn't sure that I'd be able to "find" a specific stamp. Believe it or not, it was where I thought it was. Trust me, that doesn't happen very often! LOL!

Here's my card


For the background, I smooshed some distress inks (tumbled glass, salty ocean, broken china) onto a 3"x4" acrylic block and spritzed some water on the block before placing the block on an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I carefully lifted the block and picked up the extra liquid with a paper towel. I liked how it turned out. There are some "spots" that mimic raindrops. I then stamped my main image using Great Impressions' When It Rains stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Of course, the stamped image was crooked. Darn! I decided to stamp the image onto a scrap of white cardstock and added color with Copic markers (BG05, G05, R05, V06, Y17, YR04). I trimmed the image and adhered it to my nice "water-y" background. Sometimes, we need to improvise!

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Now isn't that the perfect sentiment!!! and you paired it beautifully with those cute wellington boots. I love the blue separating the white, too. Fabulous card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card just brought a smile to my face! Love those bitty rain boots and that sentiment is so much fun. Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.