Tuesday 6 February 2018

Less is More #364 - 7th Birthday: Music

Over at Less is More, they are celebrating their 7th Birthday. Who doesn't love a party - not me! The theme for this challenge is 



Here's my card



I have a couple of stamp sets from CAS-ual Fridays - Big Treble and Love Notes which feature music symbols and music-inspired sentiments. I reached for Big Treble for this challenge. I used my MISTI for this card. For the treble clef, I stamped using Hero Arts inks (strawberry, grape juice, deep ocean, emerald green). I also picked up some of the same inks to colour in the treble clef. Before I could finish the panel, I accidentally knocked it off my craft table. When I picked it up, I noticed that some of the ink had run. UGH - so much for a clean and simple look. Then I saw the sentiment, stamped with Hero Arts Charcoal ink and thought - why not? So I added a few more "smudges" to add to the character of the panel. I matted with black to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

3 comments:

  1. So pretty...thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle colouring with the pop of red from the heart. I actually like the smudged effect of the colouring, a happy accident :)
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to see someone use these stamps for our challenge because I think they are so great! I love the way you added color to your card, very subtle. Glorious amount of white space too! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.