Wednesday 31 May 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ June Watercolour Challenge

Hope you're ready for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.


Here's my card


What do you think? Are my colours bright enough to be considered "bright", which is the optional twist to our challenge this month. I say, yes! The colours are pretty bright - they aren't subdued or pastel! For my card, I started with an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol paper. I used Penny Black's Flower Pageant cling stamp. I placed it in my MISTI and added colour with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - fluorescent green, red, cobalt blue, light violet. I added colour, one at a time and spritzed the inked area with water before applying the stamp to the watercolour paper. Any excess water, I picked up with a dry cloth. I feel like this technique makes it look like you know what you're doing when it comes to watercolour. In reality, it couldn't be simpler. I die cut the panel with a die using Waffle Flower's Additional A2 Layers dies. I also die cut the black border with a die using Waffle Flower's A2 Layers dies. I stamped the sentiment, using Papertrey Ink's Keep It Simple: Thank You stamp set and Versafine Onyx black ink. I adhered the finished panel to a full-sized A2 panel of 96 lb bristol and then to a white A2 card base. 

We'd love to see your watercolour cards in our gallery this month. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Your lovely flower certainly fits the bill. Beautiful and bright. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

  2. The technique you used to create this pretty CAS card really makes those flowers pop! The different colored blooms along with the subtle black frame really make for a wonderful thank-you card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.