Tuesday 16 May 2023

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #446

There is a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! starting today. It will last a fortnight. Our challenge is


Here's my card


For my card, I used a technique that I call faux watercoloring. I apply ink to a stamp and spritz the stamp with a bit of water before stamping. The result is a watercolor-like image with variations in depth of color and detail. I used Penny Black's Flower Pageant stamp set for this card in my MISTI. I added color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers, lightly spritzed with water and stamped on 96 lb bristol. Some areas didn't "stamp" well, so I repeated the process. I let the panel dry and then die cut it with a Waffle Flower Additional A2 Layers die. I matted with a light gray A2 card panel. For the sentiment, I used Papertrey Ink's Keep It Simple: Thank You stamp set and Concord & 9th's Dove ink. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you made a mark on your card - marker, ink, paint, pen, colored pencil? You decide and we look forward to seeing your creation in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors of this flower, great technique! Thanks for visiting and commentating by blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.