Tuesday 18 July 2023

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #616

It's Tuesday. You know what that means. It's time for a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. Here's our sketch, which we hope will inspire you. The challenge will run two weeks.

Optional Theme: Summer Drinks

I changed up the sketch. Instead of using a circle for the focal point, I used a square piece of cardstock with a circular design. While I don't have a summer drink on my card, it does contain a phrase that is often used by friends of Bill W's - one day at a time. Here's my card


I started by making the background which would become the central square. I started with some 96 lb bristol. I smooshed some distress inks (salvaged patina, worn lipstick, wilted violet) on a plastic place mat and picked up the ink with a slightly wet paint brush. I added color randomly on the bristol and used extra water to help the colors blend. When I was happy, I put the bristol aside to dry. When it was dry, I stamped the focal image using Unity Stamp's One Day at a Time with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I looked through my stash of patterned papers for some that went with the distress inks I used. I made the strips 0.5" x 4.25". I adhered them to a white A2 card base. I also stamped the sentiment, from the same Unity Stamp's set with PinkFresh Studio's Sky Blue ink. I used a My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX die-namics die to trim the bristol panel. I adhered this bristol panel to the card base using double-sided tape to complete my card.

We'd love to see your creations in our gallery this fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.