Monday 10 July 2023

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #533

How was your weekend? It was sunny and warm here in the Pacific Northwest. While it was nice outside, I do prefer to spend my time, at my craft table, playing with paper. We have a new challenge for you at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge that started today. It will be up for two weeks.


Let me start out by saying that I'm not a multi-layer type of card maker. I prefer the clean and simple, sometimes one-layer card, type of card. However, I enjoy these sketches because sometimes they just push me outside my comfort zone - that's good, right? Here's my card


You can see that I didn't all the thin white horizontal strip - that was just too much for me - LOL! I started with an old Stampin' Up paper pack called Cherry on Top which was a 6x6 Designer Series Paper Stack. I chose three different patterned papers from the pack and added some matching cardstock that I had on hand for the other papers. For the sentiment, I used Paper Smooches' Stamptember 2014 stamp set with PinkFresh Studio's Aquamarine ink on light teal cardstock. I cut the circle shape using a Sizzix circle die and trimmed it to the shape I needed. For the balloon, I used the same stamp set, Paper Smooches' Stamptember 2014, stamped it also with PinkFresh Studio's Aquamarine ink and then fussy cut it. For the balloon's party hat, again, the same stamp set. This time the hat was stamped with Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink and then fussy cut. The horizontal sentiments were stamped with Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental stamp set using both the Aquamarine and Pale Tomato inks and then die cut with a My Favorite Things Skinny Strips die. I think that the finished card looks rather festive and cheerful.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch this week.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.