Monday 31 July 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ August Watercolour Challenge

August? Already? It's crazy! I guess time really does fly when you're having fun! I'm having fun, especially when I make time to play with paper. Well, with the start of a new month, comes a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge. Our August challenge is


Here's my "Happy" card


I started with an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I added color, roughly in sections with distress inks - Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Salty Ocean, ensuring that there was a bit of color mixing where two colors came together. I stamped with one stamp from Stampin' Up's Simple Stems stamp set. Instead of stamping with ink, I spritzed the stamp and applied it to the ink blended panel, repeatedly. When I stamped "enough", I also spritzed the panel with water and used paper towel to pick up any extra water droplets. There was some color transfer as I didn't clean the stamp between impressions. I may try this again one day, cleaning off the stamp between impressions. I die cut the word using a Simon Says STAMP's Happy Holidays die from some black cardstock. I stamped the word "birthday" using Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental stamp set on some orange cardstock, which I trimmed into a rectangle. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your watercolor cards in our gallery this month. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty Sue! I love the soft look of the water stamping! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty with soft subtle colours.. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.