Saturday 29 July 2023

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #243

For me, there is nothing better than listening to great music and playing with paper, ink, glue. I find there is something so soothing about getting lost in my paper-crafting. I especially love the clean and simple look to cards. Simplicity - I like that! If you're like me, we have a new challenge at Addicted to CAS for you. For the next fortnight, our challenge is


Here's my card


I chose circles as my "shape". I used one of Simon Says STAMP's Simple Patterns Trio stencils. When you see certain colors, do they remind you of someone? I know that these colors I used on my card, distress inks - abandoned coral, festive berries, picked raspberry remind me of my favorite Aunt, Florence. She loved bright colors, especially in the pink/red family. I added these distress inks with oval ink blending brushes. I stamped the sentiment using Simon Says STAMP's Happy stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I realized after I finished my card, that this could have been a one-layer card if I had started on a white A2 card base. Instead, I started with a white A2 panel, which in my case, I adhered to a white A2 card base with double-sided tape. 

What shape will you incorporate onto your clean and simple card? We'd love to see your creations in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.