Thursday 1 October 2020

Rainbow Card Challenge ~ October Challenge

Really? It's October? Does Covid make the days and months go faster? It sure does feel that way. Nonetheless, it's time for a new challenge at Rainbow Card Challenge. This month, our challenge is

Do you ever have an idea in your head, execute it and it doesn't exactly look the way you thought? Yup, that happened to me for my "smoky slate" card. It was OK but it just lacked something. So, I tried again. I was much happier with this result. Here's my card


I started with Altenew's Feeling Dotty stencil, light gray cardstock and weathered wood distress ink, applied with an oval makeup brush. I stamped the butterfly using Stampin' Up's God's Beauty stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added some grasses using Technique Tuesday's Wildflowers and Growing Wild stamp sets. Then, I brushed off my Creative Memories' oval custom cutting system and cut a large oval. I adhered the oval to some dark gray cardstock, matted with a medium gray. I found some tone on tone patterned paper for the vertical strip to complete the card.

We'd love to see what kind of "smoky slate" card you create.

Thanks for stopping by

sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful butterfly over the dotted stencil, Sue! Such a beauty in the monochrome slate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue! This card is so pretty! I love how you added the dots and the grass. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.