Tuesday 30 April 2024

Addicted to Stamps & More! Challenge #467

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More!. Come play along with us. Our new challenge is


Here's my card


This was my Christmas card this past year. It was Plan B. Plan A involved stitching and some beads and it wasn't until I was getting ready to assemble the card, that I realized it wouldn't fit in a standard envelope and was probably too thick to go with regular postage. Oops! I was glad that I was able to pivot and come up with a relatively easy card to mass produce. 

I started with Simon Says STAMP's CZ Design - Chunky Christmas clear stamps. I heat embossed the word JOY with gold embossing powder onto an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol. I also heat embossed the PEACE & and TO THE WORLD sentiments on teal cardstock with gold embossing powder and die cut them with Photoplay's Sentiment Strips Etched dies. To add color to the word JOY, I used distress inks - twisted citron, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, applied with a paint brush and some water. I glued the sentiment strips in place and adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my Christmas card.

We'd love to see your Christmas cards in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.