Tuesday 2 April 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday ~ Challenge #644

It's time for a new challenge at Try A Sketch on Tuesday. Here's the sketch.


I was inspired by the card on the right, below from the Simon Says STAMP blog and I rotated the sketch 90 degrees, counter-clockwise.


Here's my card


I started by choosing the patterned paper. I cut a strip 1 1/2" x 5 1/2". I chose three colors from the plaid. I cut the dark gray and dark teal in 2 1/2" x 1/2" strips. For the burnt orange color, I first embossed it with Simon Says STAMP's Tumbled Hexagons embossing folder and then cut 2 1/2" x 1/2" strips. On a piece of printer paper, I adhered the strips and trimmed edges when they were uneven. On a natural A2 card base, I adhered the plaid strip and the striped element I created in place. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says STAMP's Lots of Thanks stamp set with PinkFresh Studio's Tidal Pond ink, stamping on a scrap mid-gray. I die cut it with a My Favorite Things Stitched Circle STAX die. I glued that element in place to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

3 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of your card - great colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you got your inspiration for our sketch and your card from another card layout. Like the mixture of papers and that you embossed them, nice look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the entire team did so well with embossing folders, I need to use mine more. Love the mustard and blue color combo.

    -- Dalis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.