Tuesday 16 April 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday ~ Challenge #645

We have a new sketch at Try A Sketch On Tuesday, which we hope will inspire you to get crafty. Here's the sketch.


Here's my take on the sketch


I made this card for a friend who was traveling to Japan to wish here a good vacation and safe travels. I made the "background" red and gold paper. I started with Local King Rubber Stamp's Chinese Symbol (1) background stamp and some red cardstock. I heat embossed the image with gold embossing powder. I then dusted off my Creative Memories' Custom Cutting System to cut the curved edge with one of the Creative Memories' blades. I adhered it to a light gray A2 card panel and trimmed the edges. For my little geisha, I used a un-named Japanese stamp set. I stamped the girl with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added color with Copic markers - E50, G82, R22, R32, Y15, YG67 and fussy cut her. For the sentiment, which sadly is not so visible, I used Waffle Flower's Konnichiwa stamp set and gold embossing powder. The sentiment says "konnichiwa" which translates to hello. I glued the girl into place with tape runner and then adhered the A2 panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see how you were inspired by our sketch in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that cute little geisha, Sue! I just returned from a month in Japan visiting my son. It was my 4th trip there and I love it so much. Your card made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.