Monday 1 January 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday ~ Challenge #638

Things have changed a bit. We're now Try A Sketch on Tuesday but we've re-named our blog - Try A Sketch On Tuesday. Here's our first sketch


Here's my card


We've also paired with our "sister" challenge Double Trouble Card Challenge. I have a bit to learn about them. Their challenge recognizes World Introvert Day - introverts should use a pastel background and extroverts should use a bold and bright background. Can you guess where I fit? LOL! Yup - introvert all the way. 

For my card, I used this cute hippo ballerina using Clearly Besotted's Twinkle Toes stamp set. I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added color with Copic markers C2, C32, RV21, RV23. I cut the panel to a 2" square. I found a pastel plaid cardstock, in line with my introvertedness for the background and used a bright pink square, arranged on point to make the little hippo stand out. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set on a scrap of white cardstock and trimmed it to a sentiment strip and adhered it to the background. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to have you join us. Same place, slightly different name.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

6 comments:

  1. Adorable image, Sue! Love that the big hippo is wearing a tiny tutu. Great rendition of the sketch and love the sentiment. If you have not yet done so, please post your card to the Double Trouble Challenge, too. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute - love that little hippo! Great project for TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! That hippo is darling and the tutu sentiment is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Sue, this is so cute and love the sentiment. Love the pink tutu and the soft plaid background is is perfect. Thanks for sharing your adorable card and "background personality" with us at Double Trouble and hope you come back for future fun challenges and play along with our twists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, don't forget to enter your adorable card at Double Trouble "Background Personality" to be eligible for three chances to our random drawings... hope to see you there.

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet little girly hippo card and I love a good punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.