Monday 1 January 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 ~ Day 1

Happy New Year Crafty Friends! I'm so excited to start my year off as the first Growing in Unity person of 2024. Not going to lie, I was on an extended vacation when I found out I was chosen as the first Growing in Unity person and was a bit stressed to see if I could finish my cards in time, once I returned home. However, working with Unity Stamps is so easy and I have quite a collection of them. 

I'm grateful to Unity Stamps Co. for giving me this opportunity to showcase some of my cards. I'd love it if you could leave me a comment, be sure to add your name if you're posting anonymously. I'll randomly select two people from those who leave a comment on one of my GIU posts this week to win a $20 gift credit to Unity Stamps.

Here's my first card


I was looking for ideas and found this video by Heather Hoffman who made this card for Unity Stamps 



I incorporated her technique on my card. I started by stamping the butterflies using Kit of the Month March 2023 - A Good Man & Some Butterflies on a white A2 card panel. I used a 1/2", 3/4" and 1" circle punch to make masks from post-it notes. I used the masks to add color randomly using distress inks - Mustard Seed, Carved Pumpkin and Ripe Persimmon, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I stamped the sentiment from the same Kit below the butterflies. I trimmed the panel down to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8", matted with black cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4" and then adhered it to a white card base with double-sided tape to complete my card. 

If you're leaving a comment here on my blog, to be eligible for the random drawing for a $20 gift credit to Unity, be sure to include your first and last name.

Thanks for stopping by. 
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

26 comments:

  1. I love both cards.~Kathy Hering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card and I like how you used black with the bright colors.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Can't go wrong with butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Sue! The variety of circle sizes gives added interest. ~ Deanna Akeson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome technique to try! Looks great with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card with a great inspiration piece. (Heather’s card also caught my eye sometime back.) Love it with the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the bold butterflies:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique with the post it stencils

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great technique! Like the colors you chose and butterflies! - Aurora Loaiza

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great technique! Love your card! Have a great GIU week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great clean and simple card! I look forward to seeing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue! What a lovely card. Love this wonderful stamp as well as the fun design. The B&W layers make the colors pop, which I really love.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Beautiful cards!

    Karen adams

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your choice of colors. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your color choices. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love the colored circles as a backdrop to the butterflies. So creative and something I would not have thought of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was Kathryn Conrow comment Thanks!

      Delete
  18. I really like the glow of the spots of color under the image! So fresh and pretty!!💕

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty!! What a great idea to create masks with post it notes!! I see me trying this technique (with this stamp set) in the very near future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! The circles are a fun way to add color.
    Laurie Black

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how you were inspired for this pretty butterfly card! Greta Hess

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another wonderful technique idea! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still love my Distress Inks. So versatile and your card shows another way to use these.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to visit all the GUI participants blogs this year and time got away from me. Congrats on being chosen the first one for 2024. Love what you did with this card. The butterflies look awesome with that background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.