Friday 5 January 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 ~ Card 5

It's crazy to think that it's already Friday, day 5. This week flew by. After the initial anxiety if I'll finish the cards in time, will they be good enough, I calmed myself down by playing with paper - LOL! A big thank you to Unity Stamp Co. for this amazing opportunity to showcase a few of their products and my handmade cards. 

To be eligible for one of two $20 gift credits to Unity Stamps, please leave me a comment here on my blog. If you're posting anonymously, be sure to also leave your name. I'll randomly select two people from those who leave a comment on one of my GIU posts on my blog.

Here's my card


Like the other 4 days, I looked through Unity's Blog and YouTube channel for inspiration. I was inspired by this blog post and this card


I started with an A2 panel of 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper. I masked off an area 1 3/4" wide with post-it tape. I scribbled some distress crayon (picked raspberry, seedless preserves, mermaid lagoon) in the area and then with a slightly damp cloth, I spread out the crayon and blended the colors where they overlapped. I carefully removed the post-it tape. I waited for the panel to dry. I then stamped the image and sentiment using Unity Stamp's Tea Love stamp set with Versafine Onyx black ink. I used my MISTI and stamped a few times due to the bumpy nature of the watercolor paper. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base with double-sided tape to complete my card.

If you're leaving a comment here on my blog, to be eligible for the random drawing for one of two $20 gift credits to Unity, be sure to include your first and last name.


Thanks for stopping by. 
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

15 comments:

  1. I love the soft ombré band of colts through the image. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason autocorrect decided I meant “colts” when I had written color.😆. Love your cards!😊💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! You really channeled the inspiration cards well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the color blend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tea card! I've had that stamp set on my wish list for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow sounds so easy to do with a beautiful result! Thanks for sharing this week! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Will have to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a fun way to use the distress crayons! What a great tea stamp! I hadn't noticed that one before! Sweet card!
    Thanks for sharing your creations during your GIU week! I enjoyed each one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen Dippner5 January 2024 at 14:55

    Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really liked how you did the colors! Need to look at getting those distress crayons!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always happy to see purple! lol This is lovely. I have this cute stamp (I love coffee everything! haha). Thanks for sharing your inspiration this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The color combination is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved all your cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job with your week of cards. - Loved that you included how you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.