Wednesday 3 January 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 ~ Day 3

WOW! It's already day 3 of my week as a Growing in Unity Gal/Guy. I'm very grateful to Unity Stamps Co for giving me this opportunity to showcase some of my cards. I'd love it if you could leave me a comment, be sure to add your name if you're posting anonymously. I'll randomly select two people from those who leave a comment on one of my GIU posts this week to win a $20 gift credit to Unity Stamps.

Here's my card for today

 
For this card, I was inspired by this video by Whit for Unity Stamps. 


For my one layer card, I started by making an oval mask using an oval die and a large post-it note. I placed the mask on a white A2 card base and added color diagonally using PinkFresh Studio's Lemon Whip, Seaside, Aquamarine, Seaside inks with oval ink blending brushes. I removed the mask and stamped the silhouette image using Unity's Moments in Bloom stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. For the sentiment, I used Unity's Mice Lil' Thank You stamp set and masked off part of the sentiment leaving only the "thank you" and inked that part. 

If you're leaving a comment here on my blog, to be eligible for the random drawing for a $20 gift credit to Unity, be sure to include your first and last name.

Thanks for stopping by. 
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the clean look of this card. The oval is a good spotlight for that image. I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and simple. Nice! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty background colors for this lovely silhouette floral design! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful! Love the sharpness of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ink blending for the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful--love this design! Greta Hess

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for you to be posting for Unity, Sue - love your silhouette coneflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it absolutely satisfying to remove the masking paper after ink blending. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love silhouette stamping techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of silhouette stamps and your inking is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the shaped spotlights of color on your cards! So pretty!!💕💜

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness! A mask is such a great idea to create a clean focal point. I love this idea and plan to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovely card. Nice ink blending!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you are using Unity's videos for inspiration. They post so many great ideas! Your take is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great way to use a silhouette type stamp. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.