Thursday 4 January 2024

Growing in Unity 2024 ~ Day 4

It's day 4 of my week as a Growing in Unity Gal/Guy. I'm very honoured to have this opportunity to showcase some of my cards using Unity Stamps Co products. If you'd like to leave me a comment here on my blog, be sure to add your name if you're posting anonymously. I'll randomly select two people from those who leave a comment on one of my GIU posts on my blog, this week to win a $20 gift credit to Unity Stamps.

Here's my card for today


Like my other cards, I went to the Unity Blog/YouTube channel for inspiration. I was inspired by this blog post and this card


For my card, I started with an A2 panel of 90 lb bristol, a container of water and a fairly large paint brush. I applied some water to the panel with the paint brush to start. I then used a plastic place mat where I smooshed distress ink and picked up some ink and applied it to the panel with a wet paint brush. I continued with three colors - picked raspberry, wilted violet, mermaid lagoon, randomly placing them and covering the entire panel. I set the panel aside to dry. The panel ended up a little wavy so I placed it under a heavy book overnight to flatten it. I then stamped the image and sentiment using Unity Stamps' Big Summertime Bouquet. I trimmed the panel to 3 3/4" x 5", matted with black and adhered it to a purple A2 panel. To complete my card, I adhered it to a white A2 card base with double sided tape.

If you're leaving a comment here on my blog, to be eligible for the random drawing for a $20 gift credit to Unity, be sure to include your first and last name.


Thanks for stopping by. 
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

14 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the colors you used for your background! Wonderful sentiment and floral design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I love to smoosh ink on watercolor paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are fabulous! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, colorful card! I agree we should start each day celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple is my fave color so I really love this. Awesome background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I like the image stamped simply in black. I've colored this stamp and it's a bit of work. Thanks for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Fantastic color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pretty colors you chose for your ink smooshing! Lovely!!💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the background that you made! Those colors are beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS cards are my favorite! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, great color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.