Tuesday 7 June 2022

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #431

It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! For the next fortnight, the challenge will be


Here's my card


To make marks on my card, I used ink blending and stamping. This is my attempt at creating a bokeh effect. I started by ink blending using distress inks (cracked pistachio, peacock feathers, salty ocean) on a panel of white cardstock that measured 3.75" x 4.25". I then used a 3/4", a 1" and a 1 1/4" circle punch and some post-it notes to create circle masks of varying diameters. I used these circle masks to add Color Box Frost White Pigment Ink, applied with an ink dauber over the ink blended area, allowing some circles to overlap. When the pigment ink dried (pigment ink dries more slowly than does dye ink), I stamped the sentiment, using Simon Says STAMP's Lot of Thanks stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I added a black mat, measuring 3 7/8" x 4.25" behind the inked panel. I adhered this to a white A2 card base. To complete my card, I die cut the branch with black cardstock and Memory Box's Large Olive Branch die and glued it to the front of my card.

We'd love to see how you "make your mark" in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.