Monday 27 June 2022

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #479

Happy Monday Crafty Friends! How is your Monday? I'm a bit pooped. I was a camper in Concord & 9th's Summer Camp 2022. Six classes with amazing Camp Counsellors (instructors) and a bonus Crafty Hour with Jennifer McGuire over the weekend. So much fun! 

Well, we have a new challenge for you at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Our sketch is



We're mixing things up a bit and have partnered with Double Trouble, this week.



Actually, I've had my card done for awhile and didn't have time to make a new card with a "background technique". Here's my card


I sort of used the spotlight technique where on specific areas have color added. My spotlights overlapped - LOL! I started with STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1 which I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a white A2 panel. I die cut the three areas using Sizzix circle dies. I added color in each of the die cut pieces using Copic markers - B02, B12, B60, B93, B95, B97, V06, V09, V12, V15, V17, YG03, YG23, YG63, YG67. I used My Favorite Things Die-namics Stitched Circle STAX dies to die cut the black mats for each of the spotlight areas. They worked perfectly as they are just a bit larger than the Sizzix circle dies. I assembled the pieces and adhered them to the card panel. I trimmed the card panel slightly and matted with black cardstock. The sentiment is from Simon Says STAMP's Thanks stamp set. I adhered the entire panel to a white A2 card base to complete the card. 

We'd love to see your creations in our gallery this week.

Thanks for stopping by
sue


This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and love the technique you used to create the three circles. Sorry you didn't have time to incorporate the YouNique Technnique, but you sure don't need it in this card... stunning. I'm going to try this technique some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your three colored spotlights are fabulous. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.