Monday 2 October 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ October Birthday Challenge

I'm happy to share a card today that I sent to my sister for her birthday. She has received it, so I can now share it and not spoil the surprise. 

lt's time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge


Here's my card


A little back-story - my sister adopted a cat near the beginning of COVID, Buttercup, more commonly known as Princess Buttercup because she is, well a cat! LOL! I saw this stamp set by CTMH, called Cattitude and thought it would be perfect for my sister. Well, I put the stamp set in a "safe" place and couldn't find it, until this Spring (woohoo). I stamped the image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto a white A2 card panel. There was no way that I was coloring all the cats (not even for my sister) but I thought that I would add color to some random cats. I used Copic markers C2, C3, C5, C7, E33, E47, E50, E71, R29, YG91. For the sentiment, I used Unity Stamps' Say It Big dies, which are word dies and shadow dies. For the word, I used gold shimmer cardstock and for the shadow, I used vellum, so as not to cover too many kitties. For the word wishes, I heat embossed with silver embossing powder on vellum, using Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental stamp set. I trimmed the vellum down and adhered it to the card. I adhered the panel to a white card base and sent it to my sister.

We'd love to see your birthday card creations in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.