Tuesday 24 October 2023

Try Stampin' On Tuesday ~ Challenge #630

How are you doing? Hope you're finding time to craft. There is very little that makes me feel better than playing with paper at my craft table. We have a new challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday that we hope will inspire you.

Optional Theme: Warm Drinks

Here's my card


I was able incorporate the optional theme of Warm Drinks onto my card. I started with the little coffee cup using Create-A-Smile's Coffee First stamp set. I stamped the coffee cup with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto white cardstock and added color with Copic markers - 100,  YG91. I die cut the white cardstock with a My Favorite Things' Stitched Square STAX die-namics die. To add the patterned paper coffee cup sleeve, I stamped the image onto the patterned paper and fussy cut it. I stamped the heart onto a scrap of white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink ,added color with Copic marker R29 and fussy cut it. I glued the coffee cup sleeve and the heart in place. For the background, I started with some natural cardstock and Tim Holtz Collection/Stampers' Anonymous Layer Stencil Mini #3 (don't know where my regular sized stencil is - LOL!). I added color with the stencils and gathered twigs and ground espresso distress inks, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I moved the stencil around to add the splatters and coffee rings on the natural cardstock. I trimmed it down and cut the curve with Creative Memories' Jumbo Circle custom cutting system and the red blade. I stamped the sentiment using STAMPlorations' Hello, Coffee stamp set on some light teal cardstock and die cut it with a Sizzix circle die. I trimmed it to reflect the element on the sketch. I glued the pieces onto a kraft A2 card panel which was then adhered to a white A2 card base to complete my card. 

We'd love to see how you're inspired by our sketch. Please add your creations to our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great interpretation of the sketch, Sue! I especially like what you did with the stencil. -- Your TSOT teammate -- Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little coffee cup with the tiny red heart and it's a perfect take on that fun sketch with your great stenciling too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.