Thursday 31 August 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ September Watercolour Challenge

Guess we're moving into Fall as it's now September! Time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.


Here's my card


I started this card by heat embossing with white embossing powder the floral set using STAMPlorations Blossom Sprays #1 stamp set onto a light blue A2 card panel and a 96 lb bristol A2 card panel. I used my MISTI so the image is stamped in exactly the same place on both pieces of paper. I trimmed 1/2" from both the right and bottom edges of the bristol panel. I then used distress inks - mermaid lagoon, wilted violet, fossilized amber to add some color to the bristol panel. I smooshed the ink onto a plastic place mat and then picked up the ink with a wet brush. I applied the ink horizontally, attempting to add a rectangle of each of the colors over the panel, leaving roughly a 1/2" border. The two panels were adhered together with double-sided tape, making sure that the embossed images were super-imposed. For the sentiment, I stamped it using Avery Elle's Speech Bubbles stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a scrap of medium gray cardstock. I die cut the sentiment out using a Sizzix circle die. I found some shimmery chiffon ribbon to place under the die cut sentiment piece to add another layer to my card. The panel was finally adhered to a white A2 card base to complete my layered card. 

We'd love to see your watercolour cards in our gallery and I'm curious to see if your cards will have layers or not!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.