Thursday 31 August 2023

Die Cut Divas ~ Popping Up with Poppystamps

It's the final day of our August Challenge. You have until 9pm Pacific to enter our August Challenge. Our challenge this month is

POP-UP CREATIONS

Our sponsor for August is Poppystamps. They will be giving our winner a $20 gift card. Big thanks to Poppystamps for their generosity.



Here's my card


For my card, I started with a piece of 100 lb white cardstock 5 1/2" x 10 3/4" (trimming 1/4" from 5 1/2" x 11"), which I scored at 1 1/4", 2 1/4", 3 1/4", 7 1/2", 8 1/2", 9 1/2". I folded both ends so that they each created a "M" shape looking from the top (or bottom). I used Poppystamps Flower Field Corner die to emboss some yellow cardstock, which I cut to 5 1/4" x 1" strips. I needed two of those, which I glued to the front panels. For the background, I used a white A2 card panel and ink blended using mowed lawn, peacock feathers and squeezed lemonade distress inks applied randomly with oval ink blending brushes. I trimmed this panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to the back panel. I also, ink blended a smaller piece of white cardstock with the same three distress inks. I die cut this piece with a Spellbinders Label 8 die for the background for the sentiment. I die cut the sentiment from yellow cardstock with Poppystamps Happy Birthday Poe Script die and adhered it to the die cut label. I also die cut using the Poppystamps Flower Field Corner die - twice using white cardstock for dimension and once using various scraps of cardstock. I stacked and glued the two white layers and then glued the various flowers and leaves in place. I used double-sided tape to attach both edges of the sentiment label to the yellow panels. I used some acrylic blocks to "squash" the card down to make gluing easier. I used liquid glue to glue the floral corner die cut on the edges to the yellow panels. I kept the acrylic blocks in place to allow the glue to dry. 

The card "squashes" down to fit in a regular A2 envelope.


Here's another view of the card when it's popped up


This was an interesting challenge for me. I typically prefer clean and simple so this pop-up challenge pushed me outside my comfort zone. It was fun!

We'd love to see your popped up creations in our gallery. Just remember to have them posted there by 9pm Pacific.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.