Friday 4 August 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ August Christmas Challenge

August is the perfect time to start on Christmas cards - no pressure! Besides, thinking about the North Pole and snowflakes may help you think "cool". If you're game, we have a challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Christmas Challenge that we hope will inspire you.


Here's my card


I have to say that it doesn't happen that often but sometimes, I choose the patterned paper first and then have a palette of colors that I can use when I add color to the stamped image. I picked out the double green chevron paper and stamped the image using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps' Christmas Blocks stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used the colors from the green chevron paper to color the elf's hat and I added a few other colors too. I used Copic markers - B60, C2, E33, E50, E93, G14, R29, Y15, Y17, YG03. For the sentiment, I used The Ton's Holiday Flourish stamp set, stamped on a scrap of red cardstock and then cut a fish-tail banner on the end. I trimmed the stamped and inked panel with my trimmer and added a black mat to help it pop off the patterned paper. I adhered the A2 panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your "elf" Christmas cards or if you choose, "no elf" Christmas cards in our gallery this month.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. I often pick my patterned paper before I color a design - much easier that way for me. Very cute card and one easy to mass produce. Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your peeking elf!!! And a great way to use up paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.