Wednesday 9 August 2023

Die Cut Divas ~ Popping Up with Poppystamps

For the month of August at Die Cut Divas, our sponsor is


They will be giving our winner a $20 gift card. Thank you Poppystamps.

Our challenge this month is

POP-UP CREATIONS

Not going to lie, this challenge isn't easy for me. I prefer one-layer, clean and simple cards. Here's what I came up with


My card doesn't "pop up" a lot - maybe 3/8". I lightly ink blended some white cardstock with distress inks - fossilized amber, ripe persimmon, candied apple. I die cut the inked cardstock with a My Favorite Things Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. The sentiment is die cut using our sponsor's Poppystamps' Thank You Poe Script die and light gray cardstock. I adhered it to the circle die cut. For my "pop up" mechanism, I used a 3/4" x 4 1/4" strip of 100 lb cardstock that was scored at 1/2" and 1" from both sides. I used double-sided tape to attach the mechanism to the back of the circle die cut and the folded edge to the patterned paper A2 card panel. The mechanism allows the card to lie flat and go into an envelope and will "pop up" (slightly) when opened. I had a difficult time trying to get a photo. In hindsight, maybe I could have used an Action Wobbles Mini Spring.


We'd love to see your "pop up" creations in our gallery this month. I could use some tips!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. So very, very pretty. When I saw it, I just fell in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a quick and easy pop-up, Sue - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.