Sunday 30 April 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ May Watercolour Challenge

Happy May! We have a new challenge for you at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Well, I didn't include any flowers on my card as I didn't incorporate the optional theme of flowers on my card. Here's my card


For my card, I started with an A2 panel of 130 lb Strathmore watercolor paper. I used Impression Obsession's Cover-A-Card Flourishes stamp, Versamark ink and white embossing powder which I heat set. I lightly sprinkled Ken Oliver Craft's Color Burst powders - Lemon Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green. I then spritzed water and watched the magic happen. The colors blended in some areas and in other areas the colors stayed very concentrated. I used a paper towel to remove any excess pools of water. When I was happy, I left the panel to dry. Of course, the panel didn't dry flat, so I placed it under some heavy books to flatten it. For the sentiment, I used Simon Says STAMP's Thank You wafter dies with a scrap of light teal and vellum. I adhered the layers of the sentiment and then adhered it to the card panel. To complete my card, I used double sided tape to glue the watercolor panel to a white A2 card base.

We'd love to see your watercolor cards in our gallery this month. Your choice - with flowers or no flowers. 

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Sue! I love the wonderful colours and very eye-catching! Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.