Tuesday 18 April 2023

Addicted to Stamps and More! Challenge #444

Sadly, it seems like I'm knowing more and more people who are passing away. Is it because I'm "old"? One of my co-workers passed away unexpectedly a couple of weekends ago. Before that, it was one of my neighbours who passed away a couple of months ago. I'm finding that I'm needing more Sympathy cards than I did before. 

We have a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More!


This challenge was a great one for a sympathy card. Here's my card


I remember my mom telling me that she preferred a simple card when shopping for sympathy cards. I feel that the clean and simple style really works for sympathy cards. For my card, I made a circle mask using a Sizzix circle die. For the  background, I used Stampin' Up's French Script background stamp. My background stamp is one of those on a wooden block. I found it easiest to place the wooden block on my desk, stamp facing up. I inked up the stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then placed the white card panel with the mask in place and rubbed to help transfer the ink. I added the silhouette of little flowers using Technique Tuesday's Growing Wild stamp set. I carefully removed the mask and then stamped the sentiment using Clear Besotted's Many Mini Messages stamp set. I trimmed the panel down slightly so that I could mat with a black A2 card panel. To complete the card, I adhered the black panel to a white card base.

We'd love to see your "any occasion" card in our gallery this next fortnight.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.