Sunday 9 April 2023

Die Cut Divas ~ Watercoloring with Altenew

Our sponsor this month at Die Cut Divas is Altenew.


They will be awarding our winner an Artist's Watercolor 24 pan set, valued at $49.99. Thank you so much for your generosity.

Our challenge this month, in line with Altenew's amazing prize for our winner is

WATER COLORING

Here is my card


For my card, I used Altenew's Hello Sunshine stamp set. I stamped the various flowers and foliage randomly wiht Versafine Onyx Black ink on 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper. I added color with distress inks (fossilized amber, carved pumpkin, picked raspberry, wilted violet, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, twisted citron, mowed lawn), some water and a paint brush. I smooshed the ink on a plastic place mat and with a slightly wet paint brush, picked up some color and added it to the flowers and foliage. I think it looks best when you leave a little white space here and there. Once the panel dried, I "flattened it" under some heavy books. For the sentiment, I used Altenew's Floral Shadow stamp set, silver embossing powder and vellum. I heat embossed the sentiment and the die cut the sentiment using a Kat Scrappiness' Mini Slimline Embossed Edge die. I adhered the vellum element onto the panel and then adhered the watercolor paper to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

We'd love to see your watercolor creations in our gallery - just be sure to use water on your card and don't forget to use a die!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty background, Sue! Love the vellum sentiment so more of the background shows through - gorgeous coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty. Your water coloring is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.