Thursday 6 April 2023

Happy Little Stampers ~ April Stencil Challenge

I love crafting with stencils. They are relatively easy to use, they are relatively inexpensive and when storing, they take up very little space. I have quite the collection. 

We have a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge


Here's my card


For my card, I started with an A2 panel of 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper. I grabbed a Simon Says STAMP's Simple Patterns Trio stencil. With some scrap paper to mask the various stripes so that inks didn't overlayp, I added color using distress inks - shaded lilac, dried marigold, scattered straw, old paper, speckled egg, pumice stone, victorian velvet, applied with oval ink blending brushes. I then spritzed the inked area with a little water to add the impression of some texture. I let the panel dry. I then stamped the floral bouquet and sentiment using Gina K Design's Wild Blossomos stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. The panel wouldn't lay flat, so I left in under some heavy books overnight and then adhered the panel to a white A2 card panel to complete the card.

We'd love to see your stenciled creations in our gallery this month. Let's get inky!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.