Thursday 6 October 2022

Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge for October

I love creating with stencils. They are available at an affordable price point, are easy to use and clean, and can be used over and over. Many companies have "up"ed their game. Layering stencils are incredible. They allow you to add more colors with no (or minimal) masking. I used some layering stencils in my card today for our new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge


Here's my card


For my card, I used Taylored Expressions Create-in-Quads Layering Stencil - Birthday. Each stencil is quite large and the ink blending is a good workout for your arm. However, you create four, yup 4, card panels with each set of stencils. For this card, I chose the stack of four gifts. I used distress inks (picked raspberry, twisted citron, mermaid lagoon) applied with oval ink blending brushes for my card. I matted the panel with bright pink. For the sentiment, I used Many Mini Messages stamped on a scrap of white cardstock where I swiped the mermaid lagoon distress ink, direct to paper. Creating your own colored cardstock, which matches perfectly to your ink blended work is so easy. I die cut the sentiment using My Favorite Things Skinny Strips dies. I glued everything together and finally adhered it to a white A2 card base to complete the card.

We'd love to see your stencil creations. Let's get inky!

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Darling birthday card with the stenciled present stack, Sue! Thanks for the inspiration - I've played along for the first time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.