Monday 31 October 2022

Die Cut Divas ~ October with Altenew

 

For the month of October at Die Cut Divas, our challenge has been

WATERCOLORING

Our sponsor is Altenew who will be giving our winner an Artist watercolor 24 pan set (valued at $49.99). Thank you Altenew!

Here's my card


For my card, I used Altenew's Sweetest Peas stamp set. I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a panel of 140 lb Strathmore watercolor paper. To do my "watercoloring", I smooshed the ink (distress inks - picked raspberry, carved pumpkin, mowed lawn, peacock feathers) on a glass mat and picked up the ink with a water brush. I find that I get too much water if I fill the barrel of the water brush. So instead, I spritz a bit of water on my glass mat and pick up the water that way. I find I just have a bit more control and my watercoloring doesn't get too wet and therefore the color too muted. I set the panel aside to dry. When dry, I die cut the panel with a My Favorite Things Inside & Outside Stitched Rectan.gles STAX die. I die cut the black mat with a Waffle Flower's Additional A2 Layers die. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I glued the pieces together and the gray panel to a white A2 card base to complete my card.

You have mere hours to join us in the gallery with your watercolor project. Will you be the winner of that great prize offered by Altenew?

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.