Saturday 1 October 2022

Addicted to CAS ~ Challenge #230

Welcome to our next challenge at Addicted to CAS. For the next fortnight, our challenge is


So I chose this code word several months ago and when it was time to make a card, I had no clue what to do. LOL! Here's my card and I'm probably pushing the clean and simple a bit.


I took part in the Crop & Create Delivered Cardmaking October 2021 event. As part of the Friday classes, we received this Brutus Monroe Tree of Kindness stamp set and coordinating stencil. I stamped the tree covered with journaling script with Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink. Then, using the stencil, I inked up the tree using Gina K Designs' Red Velvet, Sweet Mango, Prickly Pear inks and Concord & 9th's Buttercup ink, all applied with oval ink blending  brushes. I removed the stencil and stamped the various leaves and the leaf veins using the same inks, plus Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink. I used acrylic blocks to stamp the leaves and leaf veins, unlike Michael Boyd of Brutus Monroe, who just used his finger (the stamps stick to one's finger). LOL! I didn't want to get too inky. For the sentiment, I used a scrap of cardstock and Your Next Stamp's Cool Tag Banner Sentiment stamp set with Hero Arts Cup O' Joe ink. 

We'd love to see your "autumn" creations in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Love you tree of kindness Sue and all of those gorgeous leaves.Thanks for a great code word.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.