Tuesday 31 May 2022

Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge June 2022

WOW - June already? Crazy! It's been so cool here in the Pacific Northwest, it still feels like April. Hoping that the heat doesn't come with a vengeance this summer! It's time for a new challenge at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge


Here's my card


For this card, I started with an A2 sized panel of 96 lb bristol. I added color with a water brush and distress inks (peacock feathers, cracked pistachio, mustard seed, ripe persimmon, picked raspberry). I started by wetting the bristol panel with clean water. Next, I smooshed some ink on some acetate and picked up the color with the water brush and applied it randomly to the bristol panel. I kept adding color until I was happy with the result. I think that the panel looks best when there is still a bit of white space. I trimmed the panel down to 2 1/8" x 4 1/8" and matted with black cardstock. I adhered the panel to a light blue A2 panel. I stamped the sentiment using Gina K Designs Friendly Silhouettes stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink to complete the card.

We'd love to see your watercolour card - doesn't have to actually involve painting with watercolour paints, rather pretty much anything that uses water.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Your card is stunning Sue! I love the soft washes of colour on your background. It has a wonderfully soft look and perfect for the beautiful silhouette!!! Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.