Tuesday 31 May 2022

Die Cut Divas ~ Last Day of Our May Challenge

It's seems a bit crazy to think that the month of May is coming to a close. I look back on this month, and I can't say that I've accomplished much. I did participate in a virtual card event and did attend my first in person (since the end of 2019) crafty event this month. I guess that's something!

Our theme for May is ANYTHING GOES

Our sponsor this month is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps who will be awarding our winner a $20 gift code. The prize is restricted to US and Canadian participants, only. 


Here's my card. I've dusted off some older CAS-ual Fridays products and used them on my card.


I started with an A2 panel of 96 lb bristol and added a thin layer of clean water to it with a paint brush. I then added color with distress inks (peacock feathers, wilted violet, picked raspberry, mustard seed, ripe persimmon) using a water brush. When the ink came into contact with the wet bristol, the color "moved" around. When the panel was dry, I die cut it with a Waffle Flower's A2 Layers die. I matted with black cardstock die cut with a Waffle Flower Additional A2 Layer die. The additional dies, fit between the original Layers dies. I adhered the panel to a white A2 card base. I stamped the sentiment using CAS-ual Friday's Love Notes stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. To complete the card, I added a die cut cut using CAS-ual Friday's Heart Note Fri-dies and covered the die cut with clear Wink Of Stella for a bit of shimmer. Here's a close-up


There is still a bit of time for you to join us this month. Would love to see your work in our gallery.

Thanks for stopping by
sue

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse.

1 comment:

  1. Oldies but Goodies - the card really makes a statement - just a note - perfect for sending any little thought to a friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love receiving comments and feedback.